Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wardrobe Wednesday: The Floral Trend (Muted) Featuring Friends

I AM OBSESSED WITH FLORAL FOR SPRING!
Whew. That's been building up for a while.

Alas, though, it's raining. It's not quite spring yet. Here are a few floral looks as of late that are floral, but not as springy as I intend to get in the next few weeks/months. They're more muted down and can work pretty much all year round. And it's also featuring some of my friends!


Here I really wanted to wear floral without screaming "FLORAL" into someone's face. I paired this floral chambray button up with a cardigan and bright pencil skirt. I liked the textured tights as a contrast against the patterned top. I felt like it kept me from being too "matchy". Don't judge me for saying "matchy"... that's a thing...my fashion friends understand... 
Floral Chambray Top: Old Navy (old), Cardigan: Target, Pencil Skirt: Old Navy (Online where they sell sizes in "Tall" for Amazon women like me!, Pointed Toe Booties: Express, Necklace: Kohls (Gift from Hubs), Lace tights: Target, Bracelets: Express (old)

Finally, I'm dying over printed leggings (especially floral!) and these leggings make my day! Everyone needs to check out Agnes and Dora. You can read my review here, but not only are they beyond adorable, they're so comfortable. With a louder piece in your look, you can go simple with everything else (makeup, jewelry, etc.) which I love. Easier the better, right?! And apparently I wear a button up and cardigan quite often... Or cardigans in general... Seems a different one is popping up in every single look. Ha.
Chambray Top: Nordstrom Rack; Cardigan: Old Navy; Floral Leggings: Agnes and Dora; Boots: Steve Madden; Bracelets: Forever 21 and Express (old) 
Now here are a few of my favorite people sporting one of my favorite trends in ways that can be worn all year round, not just in the spring.

This is my friend, Madi. We've been friends for ages and just this last week she wore an adorable burgandy and floral paneled cardigan.
Madi's Cardigan: My Sister's Closet  
 This picture was taken a few months ago with me and two of my friends, Diana and Emily. Diana is wearing floral leggings by Agnes and Dora and they look great!
Diana's Look:
Tunic: My Sister's Closet; Leggings: Agnes and Dora
 Here is Ellie with her best friend (and Diana's daughter) Maylie. I love Maylie's little pants!
Maylie's Leggings: H&M
 Ellie's skirt is one of my favorites on her. I feel like it transitions through the seasons so well! Also, it has pockets and it's absolutely adorable when she walks around with her little hands in her skirt pockets.
Ellie's Skirt: Fabkids.com
 Some more floral on my Ellie-girl. This tunic of hers has been a go-to staple in her wardrobe for several different outfits lately!
Tunic: The Children's Place; Light Pink Leggings: The Children's Place; Bow: The Children's Place; White Flats: Payless


Bow: Anniston's Accessories; Dark Pink Leggings: Wal Mart; Patent Leather Boots: Ruum 

 And my friend, Emily. I love the floral with grey. It pulls fall, winter, spring and summer perfectly.
Emily's Top: H&M 
Coming soon will be a VERY spring-ified floral look!
Adios!

No comments: