Friday, March 7, 2014

Lessons I Learned While Walking to the Park

I was recently having a bit of a rough day. You know the kind. You can't find your keys. You pour a bowl of cereal and you're out of milk. The bills are piling up. The dishes need cleaning, the laundry needs folding, and everyone needs your attention. You know those days. But then, my son asked me to take him on a walk to the park. And my daughter jumped up and down and clapped and said, "Yes, the park!" And let me tell you what, that little walk to the park sure taught me a lot about life. I thought I would share...

First, I learned that when life gets too bright, put on your princess sunglasses and ruby slippers. There's no place like home, right?

I also learned a few lessons via someone's sidewalk chalk art. Like, when you feel like giving up, you should just keep going forward.


I also learned to just stop and enjoy the view from wherever I'm at. You never know when it might be the last time you get a view so wonderful.



I learned that there is love in unexpected places, like the sidewalk chalk art.



And I learned that sometimes, the hill we have to climb may seem steep and impossible.


But if we keep going, we WILL eventually get to the top.


And our reward will be more than worth it.


I also re-learned that this is a beautiful country that we live in, and that other people still fly our flag proudly. I was also touched at my son recognizing it and it's beauty. God bless America.

And I also learned that when in doubt, always wear your riding gloves...


<3

2 comments:

Teri Wadman said...

loved all of this. thanks!

Unknown said...

Aww thank you Teri!