Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Skincare Guest Post: Becca Evans

Hey everybody! Today I'm really excited about a guest post from a friend of mine, Becca! I'm excited because:

a) I like her
b) I like her blog
c) She's going to talk about skincare, which I really like
d) She's pretty and that's what is most important in life, right? (Sometimes I worry I'll get a reader that will not pick up on my sarcasm and think I'm shallow...But then I think, "Eh, I'll still do it.")
e) I agree with her side note concerning sunscreen so naturally, we probably agree on everything. Naturally.

So, keep reading, and then zoom on over to her blog if you like what you see! And keep checking up on her blog. You might just see this crazy lady right here featured on Good As Gold, as well!

-L
_______________________________________________________

Hi There! My name is Becs, and I blog (sometimes, if you're lucky) at my own little slice of webspace: Good As Gold. I am so excited to be here on Lyss' blog today, and am honored to guest post. Lyss and I have actually lived in the same neighborhood growing up, but actually didn't start bonding until we started dating boys who were each other's best friends (she actually married hers!). So basically, I like to think we're pretty much besties. (Although, ask her, and she may deny it... ha!) She is seriously the bomb, though. So thanks for having me! Today I'd like to talk about stress and my bad skin. In less than 3 weeks, I will be getting married to the love of my life, Trevor. Here's a photo of us so you can put a face with the name:
As you can imagine, I'm a little overwhelmed. We just bought a house and are working on some major painting projects, I have no idea what I'm doing about centerpieces at the wedding, and to be honest, I'm just a worrier by nature. In fact, I have had several exhaustion-induced moments of panic about how quickly the wedding is coming. I can't stop myself from thinking things like.... I need to make more money, our house is so empty, IKEA, I need to go to Ikea! What am I going to do with my hair? Should I put it up, or keep it down? I need to schedule an appointment with Jenna, STAT. What if Trevor hates me? What if he likes our future kids more than me? What if he will always want to be at work to get away from me? What if he RUNS AWAY. Ok, you get the point. I obviously am a little paranoid, but I can't help it! So much is going on, and my Capricorn control freak nature (holla zodiac sisters!) is causing me to BREAK. OUT. It's true. I have awful, acne ridden, dry, oily skin... especially when I am a little or a lot stressed out. This is not a good thing with my wedding coming quicker than I can even comprehend, so I have myself on a very strict routine. Today I wanted to share with you how I keep my skin clear even when my head is about to explode! ...and yes! One of those things is a liquid makeup!
1. Neutrogena Acne Scrub. I use this every single day, morning and night. I LOVE Neutrogena products, because they are always gentle on my skin, and seem to keep the break outs under control more than other products I have tried. I also love that this wash comes in a grapefruit scent. So refreshing!

2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. I actually just started using this product a few weeks ago, and the difference with my skin before and after using this makeup is UNREAL. My skin looked more clear within a few days of using this makeup. Plus, it has SPF 20 in it to make sure my face stays healthy. Let me just take this moment to also say: SPF IS YOUR FACES BFF. Don't forget.

3. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate. Okay, so this is my 'splurge' item. I have to buy one of these every 2 months, and it's about $30, but it's probably one of the most important things you could splurge on. Moisturizer is a huge deal. And this one... oh man, it's like liquid gold. I cannot say enough about this product. It is a thicker moisturizer, but I don't feel like it masks onto my face. It soaks in very quickly, and is the perfect primer for your makeup in the morning as well.

4. Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment. Put this stuff on an oncoming zit as you go to bed, and in the morning, it will be gone. I really put a good glob on, and it has lasted me forever. I swear by this stuff, I used to have a topical medication from my derm, and this stuff is just as good!

5. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Invigorating Scrub. I use this once or twice a week to get off any buildup of dry skin, makeup, or if my skin is just looking a little dull. This does the job, but is very gentle on my sensitive skin.

Phew! We made it! I really feel like I have found the perfect secret to healthy skin. I know everyone's skin is different, but these products really work for me! Thanks again, Lyss for inviting me to share on your blog, and don't forget to come visit me over at Good as Gold! See you all there!

No comments: