Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stella

I walked into my room today, and I saw the same thing I see every time I walk in there.

But it was kind of different today.

Everyone, meet Stella.

When I first asked for a guitar, I was about 15 years old. I think that my parents probably thought it was a phase or that I wouldn't stick with it, but they bought it for me anyway. She's no Gibson, but I love her, and I wouldn't trade my guitar for the world. She's pulled me through a lot over the years.

That being said, Stella and I have drifted apart a bit the last few months. I've looked up at the wall and seen my guitar, and I've thought about playing, but I've been in a funk, and it hasn't felt right. It hasn't felt the same.

But tonight, feeling inspired for the first time in a while, specifically by a particular song, I dusted her off (literally...she had a layer of dust...) and we hung out for a few hours. Like I said, she's been on the wall for a few months now, so the after a tuning session (or four) that one particular song turned into several.

So now, with fresh callouses and a clearer head, I can't help but think that I'm pretty grateful for that song, and the subsequent followers. I'm glad she's quick to forgive and pick back up where we left off. Maybe Stella and I sent a little light tonight.

1. Beam Me Up- Pink
2. Falls on Me- Fuel
3. Learning to Breathe- Switchfoot
4. From Where You Are- Lifehouse
5. Please Remember Me- Tim McGraw
6. In a Little While- U2
7. Words I Couldn't Say- Leighton Meester
8. World Spins Madly On- The Weepies
...

-L

2 comments:

Becs said...

I love this! I've been feeling the same way with the piano lately, but maybe tonight I'll sit down and try to play again. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

...